Touristing

Saturday 18th May

Today all the new volunteers went to Central Lima to the Plaza De Armas, San Francisco Monastery and San Cristobal. 



Plaza De Armas is area where the President, Mayor and one of the first churches of Peru are. In the center in a beautiful park. 


President's House complete with armed guards and a special ceremony for the changing of the guards.


Mayor's house

San Cristobal

San Cristobal Cross


We also went to the catacombs which were really cool. They must be filled with thousands of bones from hundreds of bodies. It also has a beautiful church.


There are so many beautiful old places in Peru, especially those that have a religious significance. I am so impressed by the maintenance of these places. I hope that I am able to visit many of these places during my stay in Peru.

In other news, not only was this my first touristing experience in Lima, it was also the first time I had a Peruvian churro and all i can say is yum. It was deep fried on the outside (but not dripping with oil) and soft deliciousness on the inside. I can say for certain though, it should not be a treat enjoyed too often!

No comments:

Post a Comment