Beach's in Lima

Saturday 20th May

Although it is not quite hot enough to go swimming at the beach since it is currently winter here, it is really nice to just sit on the beach on a sunny day (provided those of a paler skin tone are wearing sunscreen) and read a book. Silvana and I decided that saying in the house all day while others were off teaching was going to be no fun so we packed our things, jumped on a bus for 30mins and enjoyed the sun.

Apart from enjoying the sun, I found it amazing to talk to Silvana, who is Swiss, about all the differences and general life in Switzerland. It's amazing to be able to compare two different ways of life and I love meeting people from all around the world. I think it has to be one of my favourite things about this program, although also one of the toughest. Meeting amazing people, becoming really close with them and then having to say goodbye knowing that you may not see them ever again is so incredibly tough, and something that I did not realise would be such an issue for me prior to coming to Peru. I guess the upside is that if I want to travel to any of their countries, I will have a friendly face to show me around :)

So this is a picture of the beach, which is in the district of La Punta. The stone are a bit uncomfortable and scare me with their potential to break an ankle, but they make an amazing noise when the waves rush in and out. Apart from the beaches, La Punta is also known for its amazing architecture. It is a wonderful place to just stroll around and look at all the beautiful and colourful buildings. So far I think that La Punta is one of my favourite places in Lima.

No comments:

Post a Comment