My favourite thing - Food!

For those of you who don't know, I quite enjoy food. Eating is great and I love it almost as much as I love sleeping, so Peruvian food has been an amazing experience for me. Two of the specialties in Peru are the potatoes and corn. They have thousands of species of these, coming in all colours and sizes. At my home we sometimes get corn on the cob, but the corn is massive! It's hard to tell in the pictures but eating a whole piece of corn really felt like an achievement!
 
A particularly special night for all the volunteers is taco night. Even though taco's are traditionally mexican, our cook makes some amazing taco's! Especially the guacamole! It is always a feast of mouth watering food.
 
A typical meal in the house consists of some kind of potato, a chicken dish, white rice and some salad. I absolutely love it, however I'm not sure how much my body is loving all the carbs! Oh well! When in Rome! 

No comments:

Post a Comment