House life

Saturday May 8th

Yesterday was a stay at home day. I spent a lot of time with my roommates Charlotte and Shonnaugh. Although we did do a lot of sleeping it was nice to just chat to them. It has been a difficult time in the house over the last week. Its is very difficult saying goodbye to old volunteers who have become your good friends, and welcoming new volunteers who you don't know. As much as I love meeting new people, living in a house with all sorts of people can be a challenge. Naturally drama is a constant occurrence, and is dependent on the people living in the house. As much as drama can be exciting in the movies, I think I prefer it being on the big screen. Hopefully as we all become friends and bond we will learn to live with each other a bit more harmoniously.

I had a very enjoyable quiet Saturday night, spending time bonding with some of the girls from the house. I am so glad to have met these girls and am excited for the time I will be spending with them. The promise of new strong friendships is exciting and I know there will be many adventures to come. Although we haven't known each other for long, living with people in a foreign country means you share a lot in a short amount of time, and I have already shared so many laughs, tears and stories with these girls. Of course this was followed by the planning of exercising more and doing more things outside of the house. Who doesn't love a good pact during a girls bonding session? The only thing missing was a block of chocolate and a box of tissues. Of course this bond was solidified by a couple of girls doing a midnight run to Macca's (McDonald's for all you non-aussies reading) and waiting up for them to come home.

Overall is was a surprisingly fun night :) I have much love for my new friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment