Paloma And My Babies

Friday 21st June

The day started off completely normally, taking a short 30 minute bus ride to the hospital where the orphanage is. I went to my room and said hello to all 6 of my darling babies, who are 1-2 years old. I give them kisses and hugs and share as much love with them as I can. In 6 short weeks these angels have found a strong place in my heart. But today was different. Today I had to say goodbye to one of my babies from the orphanage. Paloma was lucky enough to be adopted into a wonderful new family. As the mama bathed her, dresses her in her nicest clothes and brushed her small amount of fine hair, I reflected on how much she has grown over the 6 weeks that I have known her. Paloma was moved into my room in the first week I was here. In that time she has learnt to walk, can almost jump and loves to dance. She is such a happy child, rarely crying and always having the biggest smile on her face. I hope that this beautiful child has the opportunity to become an amazing person, full of love, kindness and a sense of belonging. As much as I will miss her beautiful happy face I know that she now has the opportunity to have a better life. Although she does not know it, she and all my other babies have had a massive affect on my life, giving me so much love. They are special children who will bless any family willing to have them.

No comments:

Post a Comment