Huacachina

Friday 31st May - Sunday 2nd May

Huacachina is a small desert town located 30mins from Ica and 4.5 hours from Lima. It is a tourist spot known for its sand boarding and dune buggying. At the center of the town is a lagoon, which looks to be a tropical mirage in the middle of a desert.



We spent two nights in Huacachina, and well basically a lot of what happens in Huacachina stays in Huacachina. What I can tell you is that the dune buggying and sand boarding (even though i was super terrified and chickened out on some) was really cool. It is amazing to be able to look around and see nothing but sand. The vastness of nature filled me with a sense of calmness and understanding that there is a bigger picture than just my life.



A warning to all those thinking of sand boarding. Falling hurts, so if possible just don't fall. It has been a week since I went sand boarding and I am still covered in bruises!


Huacachina helped me to build some really strong friendships. I hope that with a little effort, I can maintain these friendships for years to come.


1 comment: