Parque De Las Leyendas - The Peruvian Zoo

Sunday May 9th

Today, in true sunday fun-day style, we took a trip to the zoo. Although the weather wasn't that nice it was great to get out of the house with all the girls and be tourists for a day. The zoo was surprisingly big for an area which is in the middle of suburbia. We saw so many animals and had a wonderful time.


Most of the animals we could name, but we did come across these half rabbit, half kangaroo creatures. I tried to Google what we though was their name when we got home but I must have miss spelt it as there were no results matching what we saw. If anyone can name this animal, it would be much appreciated.


I can say with complete confidence that my favourite animal at the zoo today were the goats. I don't think I have ever seen this many goats before. They were so cute, especially the little baby ones. I was amazed to see how high they can jump. And they are so playful and friendly.

It was also hilarious seeing some animals from home and watching all my Canadian and American friends flock to these animals. The Peruvians also seemed to love the emu's. 

Now while most people go to the zoo to see the animals, sometimes you are lucky enough to come across another more interesting exhibit; the gringos (white people). Blonde hair and pale skin is a fascinating trait according to the Peruvians. At one point when I was looking at the bears, a Peruvian guy with his girlfriend asked me something. I assumed they wanted me to take a photo of them so I went to take their camera, but the guy didn't want a photo with his girlfriend, he wanted a photo of his girlfriend with the strange pale creature with yellow hair and blue eyes. So I proceeded to have my photo taken with this Peruvian guy and his girlfriend, all the while the my other volunteer friends were cracking up laughing. By the end I was a bit embarressed.  


I thought the bears were another especially cool exhibit since Australia doesn't really have any bears. This one was particularly funny as it was doing laps around its rock.
"We are crazy goat ladies" - Ellyn and I

No comments:

Post a Comment