3 weeks, 2 goodbyes, 1 birthday.

Wednesday 5th June

I have been in Peru for about 3 weeks now and have made many good friends, in particular Courtney and my roommate Sam. Monday night saw the end of Courtney's program and her return to the States. It was a sad night to say goodbye to someone who I have become really close with. Courtney was my fellow inner-fatty who would enjoy a icecream sandwich and snickers with me, after a massive dinner. She is quiet but understanding and always looking out for others. I wish I could have had more time to spend with her while she was in Peru and I hope that we will be able to continue to be friends post-Peru. 

This evening was another tough night. We celebrated Ellyn's birthday (my fellow Aussie), but also said goodbye to my roommate Sam. For someone that I have become so close with, and who I hoped to share many more memories with, to say farewell was more than difficult. I know that I will miss her terribly and struggled to articulate (possibly due to tears) how sad I was about her leaving. I hope that she continues to be the strong, kind and funny person that she is at home and that one day she will be able to return to Peru to finish the adventure that she started. I know that her presence in the house is sorely missed by myself and others.



I apologise for the sad post, but living with these girls, even if only for 3 weeks, has affected me more than I expected.


No comments:

Post a Comment